Here is what our company is doing to keep our clients and employees safe amid concerns of COVID-19. Learn More.
Vivint Security Monitor in Stamford
September 23, 2021

Can I use a security camera as a baby monitor in Stamford?

Can I use a security camera as a baby monitor in Stamford?

In the process of assembling your child’s first room, you carefully followed steps to build the crib, covered the walls with a delicate, lighter hue, and established the ultimate diaper changing station. The next step is to decide the way you want to watch your baby sleep. You might go with the typical monitoring choice that lets you supervise through an integrated speaker, or you can improve your technology and utilize high-def video feeds, 2-way communication, and activation motion detection.

The higher tech alternative is equivalent to the video surveillance incorporated in a comprehensive home security system, but would you use a security camera as a baby monitor in Stamford? 

What do you want in a baby monitor in Stamford?

In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was quite basic. You install a a device with a built-in microphone in close contact to the sleeping area, which sends audio signals to a connected gadget that resembles a walkie talkie. However, baby monitors now have more options. To illustrate, some monitors now have HD video and 2-way communication. You can even hook your monitors to your wireless network so you may wander wherever you want. The leading baby monitors in Stamford are so elaborate that they resemble interior surveillance systems in both capabilities and price.

Would you switch baby monitor with an indoor security camera?

Since baby monitors and surveillance systems incorporate many of the same features, there are numerous residents in Stamford linking their child’s bedroom to their overall home defense. It’s a smart approach -- especially if you have to Vivint smart home technology -- as your baby monitor now has:

Clear video with night vision: Your monitoring device should have at minimum 1080p high-def video, and infrared LED technology for acceptable viewing of darkened rooms.

2-way communications: Sometimes, you don't need to go inside the bedroom to soothe your newborn back to sleep. A comforting word may be the only thing needed to keep your little one asleep.

Motion activation: While you can have your monitoring device stay on constantly to keep a close eye on your child, your own alertness may begin to waver. But if your security camera detects anything unusual, you can configure it to deliver a text alert on your phone. This is helpful when your adventurous newborn quietly scrambles up the crib or if your curious cat wanders into the room.

Recording capabilities: Most baby monitors aren’t able to save the video. Today’s modern devices allow you to send a brief sample to friends or family members to allow them a glimpse of what a beautiful sleeping baby you have.

Smartphone access: Instead of lugging an external monitor with you, you can watch from a simple smartphone app. You could even check in on your young one and babysitter if you’re able to get an evening away.

Your security camera baby monitor can be part of your integrated smart home plan

The great part about using a security camera as a baby monitor in Stamford is that it will work in unison with your additional home security and home automation products. As an illustration, if you see that your baby is struggling to sleep, you are able to make adjustments to your thermostat from the security app to increase the room’s comfort. Or when they wake up for a 2 a.m. bottle, you might gently raise the room's smart bulbs to show you’re coming. In the event you have multiple babies in unconnected areas, you could supply each one a security camera and monitor the video in a unified smartphone app.

An indoor security camera in Stamford is an important aspect of your overall home security system

Whether you are looking for a home security camera to use as a baby monitor or you simply want to enhance your residential protection, start by calling Secure24 Alarm Systems. A Vivint specialist will walk you through your options and assist in getting the right home defense package for your unique needs. Place a call to (203) 403-2796 or submit the following form.